This course aims to introduce you to the principles of SFT/SFBT in a way that gives you a firm grasp of them and enables you to use them in a safe and helpful way. You should become at home with the approach which is often seen as a 'breath of fresh air' both to client and professional, looking to empower their clients and help them find effective solutions for problems, rather than being sucked further and further into analysing and discussing the problem itself.
The APT has mastered the delivery of SFT/SFBT training 'online anytime'; providing top class training you can access right now or any time that suits you. No longer do you have to wait for 'the start date' of the course.
"This course gives clear explanation and examples of SF therapy. The materials are provided in small easily palatable chunks for better absorption and presented in logical manner. The exercises given, while optional, are very helpful to reflect on what we have learned and how we can apply it in real life situation."
Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFT/SFBT) training from the Association for Psychological Therapies (APT), includes APT accreditation, certification, and resources. And the APT has perfected the art of delivering it in a way that makes it appear simple and easy to apply.
"Great training, really interesting and well structured."
With a wealth of clinical experience, Dr William Davies presents the course with relevant stories and examples of using SFT and an engaging lightness which perfectly complements the positive, constructive and empowering nature of the therapy.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. The way in which is was delivered was excellent and I feel I've learnt a lot. Thank you!"
This course gives you a thorough introduction to SFT/SFBT, it is APT-accredited, and gives you access to important resources for you to use post-course. Whether you simply want to broaden your knowledge or become a committed SFT practitioner, this course is for you. The course can be studied by teams or individuals and can also be completed as part of The APT Diploma in Psychological Therapies.
Click Add to Cart or, for further information on the format of APT online training, the APT’s guarantee to you, and how to make a group booking, click here.
Solution-Focused Therapy can seem a refreshingly easy therapy to conduct, and to be the recipient of. This is because many of its techniques capitalise on circuits in the brain that already exist. Utilising these, rather than trying to develop new circuits by discussion and experimentation, often achieves results that are rapid, fundamental, and stable.
This course therefore teaches the principles and practice of Solution-Focused Therapy in a way that delegates can - and will want to - use with their own caseload.
What this online course will do for you:
You will know about Solution-Focused Therapy: what it is and is not.
- You will be able to fundamentally re-phrase problems so that they are not only solvable, but exciting to solve.
- You will understand why (for example) that the harder one looks for happiness the less happy one becomes, the more one tries to stop worrying the more worried one becomes, and so on.
- You will know better what to do with patients you are currently unable to make progress with.
- You will know about 're-framing', why so many people rave about it, and how to do it.
- You will know how to 'dissolve' the resistance that some patients have about tackling their problems, and give them a framework that motivates and relaxes them.
- You will know why it is so important to spot 'problem-free' times and places, and how to utilise those.
- You will be introduced to the miracle question and other powerful questions that move a person forward quickly.
- You will know how to give a person a sense of direction and hope for the future.
You will know how to capitalise on what you have learned on the course.
What you receive as a result of completing this online course (and exam):
You will receive APT accreditation Level 2 and be able to print off a certificate to verify this.
You will have access to the course and resources for the duration of your accreditation (3 years), which is renewable by sitting an online refresher. Your registration lasts indefinitely.
Your accreditation is given value by the fact of over 100,000 people having attended training from the Association for Psychological Therapies (APT). See APT accreditation for full details.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Level 2 APT Accreditation (18 hours CPD)
Your cart is empty